Saturday, May 23, 2009

Content ~

On May 24th, Rhockaby is feeling: Content ~

I came across a picture which hit me head on like a bullet train to a solid concrete retaining wall. The picture displayed so little detail yet, to me personally, had so much in depth meaning (thus another good example of K.I.S.S). I couldn't help but share the feeling of completeness, being whole, content.

The thing that bugged me the most is while I know such a thing is (falsely) attainable, as proven by countless anecdotes, memoirs and half-truthed life stories, I cannot possibly see myself laying on the sand, sun shining in my eyes, soft misty breeze every other second saying to myself "This is all I'll ever need" and then not ever have another worry in the world. How do you achieve such security?

Bearing in mind that the definition of content can only amount to the infinite of infinities, each individual is made whole by a totally intimate entity, exclusive, per se. Should you swim the shallow depths of my mind you will find the earthly things I would perceive as 'completeness'. But what of the nether regions, the deepest darkest, the most intimate of intimates. Does the secret to ones content lie in our unorthodox souls, or maybe our subtle minds? Is there anyone who can really know what they need to be whole? The mind blurs this fine question, as one would then answer "I know what I need to be complete".

Pfft... how ignorant.

You don't know what you need. You know what you WANT. Your perception of completeness stretches only so far as your desire. We try oh so hard to obtain what others have in hopes that we gain their happiness. But we are ignorant to think that more is gain. We are ignorant to think that achievement is gain. Another step to wholeness, when what we don't see are the stairs that keep accumulating.

To live without purpose is a life not worth living. Being content eliminates purpose. Thus the next best thing is to never feel whole, never feel content with what we have. Thank the heavens for what we have and pray for more achievements, but never stop living. Have a purpose, one after the other. Reach your targets and then set new ones.

That said, and I truly hope, on my deathbed I would want that not even an inch of my mind would have the possibility of thinking the two foul words. Two words that haunt souls for the rest of their lives. Two words that forever embed regret. And on my deathbed, I would wish that I DO feel content, happy and smiling, and that I would never have to utter the two words,

"...what if...."

No comments: