Sunday, August 27, 2006

Chapfallen ~

On August 29th, Rhockaby is feeling : Chapfallen ~

*Cough-cough* ... I was asking for it.

Last week I had a sorethroat and was coughing like mad. Not only did this disrupt my daily much needed slumber, but also my taekwondo training. Through out training I had to constantly drink water to hydrate my dry throat. People started giving me that look.

'You get tired this easily?' is probably what they would have said out loud if Tuan's warming up drills weren't occupying them enough.

Eventually, it got better. By Thursday evening training it was just a slight tingle in my throat and by friday morning it was gone. Yay!

Sunday morning was a bone shivering 15 degrees (I think ... well it felt that cold). I was meeting up the ark gang for a site surveying fieldtrip.

MISTAKE 1: NEVER EVER HAVE A SLURPEE ON A WINTER-LIKE DAY NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOUR ANNOYING FISH FRIEND TEMPS YOU.

Fish and I met up with Worm, Ducky and Mummy Ducky at Albert Park. Survey site was just accross the street. Didnt take us more than 30 minutes (with 30 minutes spent on an unknown sun bathing cat). A walk down St. Kilda beach brought us to an ice cream shop.

MISTAKE 2: WHEN YOU ABSOLUTELY KNOW YOU JUST RECOVERED FROM A COLD, AND YOU JUST HAD A SLURPEE FOR BREAKFAST, YOU SHOULD ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS KINDLY DECLINE AN ICE-CREAM OFFERING.

Unfortunately, I'm not a big fan of later consequences. I live in the moment, yeaa yeaa! So I downed that oh so nice double-gelato of pistachio and chocoyummy. We parted there cause Rhokku was starting to feel not so well.

Tram ride home was killer. My body started to heat up, I felt nausiated. Urghh ... when I reached home, conditions got so bad I had to call off the rarely celebrated house cleaning event (I can always do it this weekend). A good nights rest got my temperature down. However now I'm stuck with the same annoying coughing throat that I had last week.

*Cough-cough* Oh well ... like I said ... I was asking for it.

No comments: